    SubjectRe: Bitkeeper
    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:

    > I think it would be appropriate at this point to write a free client
    > that talks with Bitkeeper,

    Maybe. I'll leave that decision to whomever decides to
    invest his time and/or money in implementing such software.

    > and for Linux developers to start switching to that from Bitkeeper.

    That would be a bit premature. I certainly wouldn't switch
    to a piece of software that doesn't exist yet. ;)

    To put it more bluntly: free software would have to implement
    a very significant amount of Bitkeeper's functionality before
    I would ever consider switching to it.

    At the moment there simply is no equivalent free alternative
    to Bitkeeper, so there's nothing to switch to. Once such an
    alternative exists we could continue this debate.

    kind regards,

    Rik
    --
    Great minds drink alike.