    SubjectRe: PS2 mouse going nuts during cdparanoia session.
    On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 07:13:23PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

    > > Ah right, I thought cdparanoia was still ripper de jour..
    > > What's recommended these days?
    > It is, unfortunately it uses read/write on /dev/sg* directly so cannot
    > be used with "new path" that is so much faster. It's been a while since
    > I looked, I can check for a good cdda ripper that uses SG_IO tomorrow if
    > you don't find one first.

    Ok. I'll add a note about this to post-halloween-2.5 sometime too
    when reappears again.
    [sidenote: please folks, no more mails telling me about this site going away,
    it'll be back real soon, it just had to be 'upgraded' to a raq2, which didn't
    go quite as smoothly as planned.].

    > I'm about to cave in and add block emulation of that part, too. It's a
    > bit more code, though.

    If it'll make apps like cdparanoia take the fast path without needing
    rewriting, then that sounds like a good idea, if only to stop the
    'dancing mouse' problem, though this does seem to be running away
    from a bug rather than fixing it. The real question is why are the
    two interacting with each other like this..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.022 / U:3.088 seconds]