    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Without debugging code it could look more like..

    > > [nigel@laptop-linux nigel]$ ls -l /proc/swsusp/
    > > total 0
    > > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 enable_escape
    > > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 image_size_limit
    > > -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 interface_version
    > > -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 last_result
    > > -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 version
    > > [nigel@laptop-linux nigel]$
    > >
    > Ouch.. But how many of these /proc tweaks need to stay there once
    > debugging is done? I do not like any configuration options for
    > swsusp... It should just work. [Okay, we probably need to have resume=
    > parameter.]

    It does just work, but there is room for preferences too. I like
    flexibility, and try to build it into my code.

    > For 2.4.X I don't care. For official tree, it has to "just work" with
    > as little configuration as possible. [Besides enable_escape, what else
    > might user want to tweak?]

    The limit on the size of the image (they may want a smaller image than
    the amount of swap they have).

    --
    Nigel Cunningham
    495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
    Christ died for the ungodly.
    -- Romans 5:6, NIV.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:61.628 seconds]