    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Hi!

    > I'm going to stand firm on this one, Pavel.
    >
    > I think being able to cancel a suspend is a really useful feature, and
    > I'll be surprised if we don't see Microsoft including it in their next
    > version of Windows (perhaps I should take a patent out! :>)

    :-).

    > That's not to say that I haven't listened to you, however. That's why I
    > tightened up the requirements for using it yesterday. As to the extra
    > proc entry, it's not a biggie: 2.4 swsusp now has it's own proc handling
    > code which is easily extensible. I did this to make it easier to
    > understand.
    >
    > This...
    >
    > [nigel@laptop-linux nigel]$ ls -l /proc/swsusp/
    > total 0
    > --w------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 activate
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 async_io_limit
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 beeping
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 checkpage
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 debug_sections
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 default_console_level
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 enable_escape
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 image_size_limit
    > -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 interface_version
    > -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 last_result
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 log_everything
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 no_async_reads
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 no_async_writes
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 no_output
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 nopageset2
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 pause_between_steps
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 progressbar_granularity_limit
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 reboot
    > -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 slow
    > -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 15 08:28 version
    > [nigel@laptop-linux nigel]$
    >
    > is easier to understand and configure. The /proc/sys/kernel/swsusp
    > interface is still there to make it easy to save & restore them all at
    > once.

    Ouch.. But how many of these /proc tweaks need to stay there once
    debugging is done? I do not like any configuration options for
    swsusp... It should just work. [Okay, we probably need to have resume=
    parameter.]

    For 2.4.X I don't care. For official tree, it has to "just work" with
    as little configuration as possible. [Besides enable_escape, what else
    might user want to tweak?]
    Pavel
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]