Subject[Fwd: Re: 2.6.0-test1: include/linux/pci.h inconsistency?]
Hi People!
First of all, thanks for your superb nforce2-chipset!

As kernel-development is going very fast today, we do have big troubles
to get your unified drivers to work.
As you may know kernel version 2.6-test1 was shipped earlier this day.
There had many design-changes, and your network-driver doesn't work at
all with the new kernel. As I have been told by many people it should
not be the big problem to release a fully gpled network-driver. It is
nearly not possible at the moment for instance to boot linux via network
on this board, due to your binary code (it must be a module).
It would be very fine if you could think over it, and release your
driver fully under gpl, to incorporate this driver into normal kernel
development.
Our problem is at the moment, that your driver is not compilable at all,
due to changed structs in include/linux/pci.h (pci_driver->driver_data
is obsoleted).

It would be nice if you could help us!

This mail is CCed to the linux-kernel-mailing-list.

Greetings,

Lars Duesing
Munich University Of Applied Sciences, Students' Council