    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements

    It defaults to disabled precisely because of Pavel's concerns.

    On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 05:30, Jan Rychter wrote:
    > Pavel> Hi!
    > >> Having listened to the arguments, I'll make pressing Escape to
    > >> cancel the suspend a feature which defaults to being disabled and
    > >> can be enabled via a proc entry in 2.4. I won't add code to poll for
    > >> ACPI (or APM) events :>
    > Pavel> At least no new proc entry, please. Make it depend on
    > Pavel> sysrq_enabled and disable it completely if sysrq support is not
    > Pavel> compiled in.
    > Pavel, I disagree. This is important functionality. I *do* want to abort
    > suspends by pressing 'Esc'.
    > I do not believe that hiding this gives you any extra security, and I do
    > not believe that having it in is any kind of a problem. None of your
    > arguments against it convinced me.
    > Please do not try to hide it and obscure it any more than it already is
    > (Nigel has made this default to off for some reason).
    > --J.
    Nigel Cunningham
    495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
    Christ died for the ungodly.
    -- Romans 5:6, NIV.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.036 / U:7.356 seconds]