    SubjectRe: Why is generic hldc beig ignored? RE:Linux 2.4.22-pre4
    "Frantisek Rysánek" <> writes:

    > As for the userspace sethdlc.c by Krzystof Halasa: I was using ver.1.12,
    > modified by Mr. Romieu, who has "cut some non-compiling functionality."

    It was a q&d version to support Ethernet emulation and did not compile
    without it. Was in the README in fact.

    > The current version from Krzysztof Halasa is 1.15.

    This one doesn't have this problem, Ethernet emulation doesn't get
    compiled if the kernel has no support for it.

    > Specifically, I was using uniprocessor machines only (no SMP).

    This is a common problem. From time to time I perform SMP tests, but they
    are neither extensive or long-term :-(

    > I've written a short mini-HOWTO - the chapter on test results in terms of
    > transfer rates and ping round trips is at
    > n.tests

    Looks nice, that's something I always wanted to have... I'll send you
    an errata.
    Great job.
    Krzysztof Halasa
    Network Administrator

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.021 / U:6.940 seconds]