    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Pavel> Hi!
    >> Escape is more intuitively obvious though - I would expect the
    >> suspend button to only start a suspend. And the idea of escape
    >> cancelling anything is well in-grained in peoples' minds.

    Pavel> You did not initiate suspend from keyboard => you should not
    Pavel> terminate it from keyboard.

    Oh, come on. I usually initiate suspend by doing 'sh suspend' as root.

    Besides, implementing swsusp support for ACPI events is IMHO right next
    to impossible (not to mention unbelievably messy), and that's what you'd
    need to have your power button abort the suspend process.

    --J.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:3.683 / U:0.412 seconds]