    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Escape is more intuitively obvious though - I would expect the suspend
    button to only start a suspend. And the idea of escape cancelling
    anything is well in-grained in peoples' minds.

    Of course the other advantage is that reading lid & button switches adds
    more code (To implement and to configure - the functions of those keys
    ought to be optional?)

    On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 07:31, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    > > > And no escape. Doing something from keyboard is *ugly*. Magic sysrq is
    > > > ugly, too, but its usefull enough to outweight that.
    > >
    > > Can't you just use the Suspend button? :)
    > At least that's less ugly than Escape. If it is the same button that
    > would wake machine up when it finished suspend... I guess that makes
    > sense.
    > Pavel
    Nigel Cunningham
    495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
    Christ died for the ungodly.
    -- Romans 5:6, NIV.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.039 / U:11.388 seconds]