SubjectRe: [patch] SCHED_SOFTRR linux scheduler policy ...
Hi Davide,

I've found your SCHED_SOFTRR patch pretty interesting, the idea sounds
amazingly simple and effective :)

Some months ago i did experiments with multimedia performance on linux
kernel and ideas on what could be improved.

I think it should be a general consensus that joe user must not need to
patch his kernel or run the multimedia player as root just to be able to
watch videos with good quality.

As a xine developer i'm very interested in help improving that
situation. Please let me know if you think this patch has chance of
being accepted into main tree, we can add support in xine for it.