    SubjectRe: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Hi!

    > > Okay, that's sane approach to do it... But where do you store pointer
    > > to pagedir?
    >
    > I didn't answer this before. Sorry. Initially, you would still be
    > expected to have a suspend partition, and hence it would still go in the
    > header. Longer term, I'll have to learn more and see if there's a place
    > we can use in the partition table or such like.

    This needs to be thought out. Partition table is out of question
    because you kill the whole system if you get interrupted during
    partition table write.

    First few KB of each ext2 filesystem are available, but I do not think
    we want to introduce such hacks.

    Pavel
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]