SubjectRe: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
Hi!

> > > - user can abort at any time during suspend (oh, I forgot, I wanted
> > > to...) by just pressing Escape
> >
> > That seems like missfeature. We don't want joe random user that is at
> > the console to prevent suspend by just pressing Escape. Maybe magic
> > key to do that would be acceptable...
>
> In case when suspending (and interrupting suspend) matters most -
> laptops - Joe random user is the only user present. I myself would
> rather have an option to press ESC than remember what SysRq really
> maps to as by the time I would figure that out the laptop would already
> be suspended.
>
> IMHO, an option to use ESC, probably compile time option, is a good
> thing.

No more compile time options, thanks.

And no escape. Doing something from keyboard is *ugly*. Magic sysrq is
ugly, too, but its usefull enough to outweight that.

Hmm, I noticed that I'm making same mistake with shift during
powerdown. I guess I should kill that hack.
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]