    SubjectRe: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Hi!

    > > > - user can abort at any time during suspend (oh, I forgot, I wanted
    > > > to...) by just pressing Escape
    > >
    > > That seems like missfeature. We don't want joe random user that is at
    > > the console to prevent suspend by just pressing Escape. Maybe magic
    > > key to do that would be acceptable...
    >
    > In case when suspending (and interrupting suspend) matters most -
    > laptops - Joe random user is the only user present. I myself would
    > rather have an option to press ESC than remember what SysRq really
    > maps to as by the time I would figure that out the laptop would already
    > be suspended.
    >
    > IMHO, an option to use ESC, probably compile time option, is a good
    > thing.

    No more compile time options, thanks.

    And no escape. Doing something from keyboard is *ugly*. Magic sysrq is
    ugly, too, but its usefull enough to outweight that.

    Hmm, I noticed that I'm making same mistake with shift during
    powerdown. I guess I should kill that hack.
    Pavel
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]