    SubjectRe: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    On Saturday 12 July 2003 09:00 am, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > > - user can abort at any time during suspend (oh, I forgot, I wanted
    > > to...) by just pressing Escape
    > That seems like missfeature. We don't want joe random user that is at
    > the console to prevent suspend by just pressing Escape. Maybe magic
    > key to do that would be acceptable...

    In case when suspending (and interrupting suspend) matters most -
    laptops - Joe random user is the only user present. I myself would
    rather have an option to press ESC than remember what SysRq really
    maps to as by the time I would figure that out the laptop would already
    be suspended.

    IMHO, an option to use ESC, probably compile time option, is a good

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.025 / U:34.320 seconds]