    SubjectRe: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Hi.

    On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 03:37, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > > > That seems like missfeature. We don't want joe random user that is at
    > > > the console to prevent suspend by just pressing Escape. Maybe magic
    > > > key to do that would be acceptable...
    > >
    > > Magic key? Do you mean a password? I suppose that could be a
    >
    > Documentation/sysrq.txt. Magic sysrq driver will answer some
    > interesting questions like "how to press esc on the serial line", etc,
    > and it is also /proc configurable.

    Oh so you just be having (eg) to press SysRq-Escape? Isn't that just
    security by obscurity? I'd rather go for the password idea. Sounds like
    there should be a few options for what is required to abort with one
    chosen at make config time.

    1.0 tomorrow unless there's anything big in the meantime.

    Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cunningham
    495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
    Christ died for the ungodly.
    -- Romans 5:6, NIV.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.019 / U:2.004 seconds]