    SubjectRe: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements

    On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 03:37, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > > > That seems like missfeature. We don't want joe random user that is at
    > > > the console to prevent suspend by just pressing Escape. Maybe magic
    > > > key to do that would be acceptable...
    > >
    > > Magic key? Do you mean a password? I suppose that could be a
    > Documentation/sysrq.txt. Magic sysrq driver will answer some
    > interesting questions like "how to press esc on the serial line", etc,
    > and it is also /proc configurable.

    Oh so you just be having (eg) to press SysRq-Escape? Isn't that just
    security by obscurity? I'd rather go for the password idea. Sounds like
    there should be a few options for what is required to abort with one
    chosen at make config time.

    1.0 tomorrow unless there's anything big in the meantime.

    Nigel Cunningham
    495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
    Christ died for the ungodly.
    -- Romans 5:6, NIV.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.019 / U:3.552 seconds]