Subjectgenerate-modprobe question and USB fatal error during INIT:-resending
For soem reason it looks like my first post did not go
thru. I am sending this again. SOrry if it posts

I unsubcribed from and subscribed
with this address. Softhome did not give me enough

Anyhow I think I know what the problem is? Its with
the modprobe.conf.

I updated both my mkinitrd and mod-utils with the aid
of Paul Nasrat. I dunno if you know who he is.

Anyhow when I run "generate-modprobe.conf >

I see that the the sections for "usb-uhci" "mousedev"
and "keybdev". Those are incorrect. They should be
"uhci-hcd", "usbmouse" and "usbkbd". Once I changed
the "usb-uhci" to "uhci-hcd" at least the usb
installed ok but those changes I made for the mouse
and keyboard still does not work.

Is there something screwed up somewhere else?

If I rerun "generate-modprobe.conf >

Everything defaults back to "usb-uhci", "mousedev" and

WHy I am not sure.

Is there a fix for this to get the modprobe.conf to
correlate to the new kernel modules?

Do you Yahoo!?