SubjectUSB-UHCI Fatal Error for all 2.5 kernels and 2.5.75 in RedHat v9.0 (fwd)
Date

----------Forwarded message ----------
From: imunity@softhome.net
To: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Subject: Re: USB-UHCI Fatal Error for all 2.5 kernels and 2.5.75 in RedHat
v9.0
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:01:30 -0600

Greg KH writes:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:29:47PM -0600, imunity@softhome.net wrote:
>>
>> For soem reason right after the boot of the 2.5 kernels right when the INIT
>> starts the USB-UHCI fails for the HID devices.
>
> Exactly what error are you getting in the kernel log?
>
> greg k-h

Could not find a Log specific for the INIT:

Looked in /var/log

I just carefully read the error and now figured out why its FATAL.

It cannot find the usb-uhci.o module

I looked in /lib/modules/kernel/drivers/usb and it is no where to be found.

It is configured in the kernel I checked and double checked.

I tried it as module and as monolithic and either way I get "FATAL" during
the INIT: part of the bootup for usb.

Why isn't the kernel source package configuring the usb-uhci module
correctly?

This is for all the kernels I have tested from 2.5.72 and up to 2.5.75.

I figured out why I am getting the error with "devpts". It is not supported
in the 2.5 kernel's or I just cannot find it.

the UNIX TY98 /dev/pts. I found it for the 2.4 kernels but not for the 2.5
so that explains why I am getting the error mounting fs for pts.

The Penguin logo is broken again for 2.5.75. It was working for 2.5.74-mm2
and mm3.

As a matter of fact mm2 fixed the vesa issue and it was at that point I was
able to get the penguin logo again, but stooped for 2.5.75.

Weird how things get fixed then other things that worked get broken.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.032 / U:0.208 seconds]