    SubjectRe: Stripped binary insertion with the GNU Linker suggestions (fwd)
    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:19:55PM +0100, Jon Masters wrote:
    > > I have seen other nasty ways to do this involving converting the image to
    > > byte values in very large arrays or inserting literal byte values in to
    > > the output file but there just has to be a generic method for inserting
    > > an image in to the middle of an output file.
    >
    > No, there isn't, at least I haven't found one.

    Arrgh! :-).

    In that case I might take you up on the BK idea or write something using
    bfd to munge the elf content - odd that it does not exist already.

    The reason I want it is that I am creating a single elf output file which
    is loaded in to SDRAM by a SystemACE chip and in order for that to work
    correctly I need to give the appropriate tools a single elf input
    containing everything where I want it to be loaded in memory.

    Fun for the weekend I suppose... :-).

    Jon.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:60.220 seconds]