    SubjectStripped binary insertion with the GNU Linker suggestions (fwd)

    I have a linker script which amongst other things contains:

    sdram_linux : ORIGIN = 0x00500000, LENGTH = 4M

    .linux :
    { linux_kernel } > sdram_linux

    What I have is a stripped kernel image which I want to shove in to a
    section in the output elf file though the Linker complains it does not
    recognise the file format (as it perhaps should). I realise that the
    above is not the correct way to do this - suggestions are very welcome.

    I have seen other nasty ways to do this involving converting the image to
    byte values in very large arrays or inserting literal byte values in to
    the output file but there just has to be a generic method for inserting
    an image in to the middle of an output file.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.042 / U:48.504 seconds]