    SubjectRe: [RFC] New system device API

    > Okay, but you should keep "new" functions as similar to existing ones
    > as possible. That means 3 parameters for suspend functions, and as
    > similar semantics to existing callbacks as possible.

    Did you read the earlier posts? They are similar, and simplified because
    they don't need the level, since all suspend/resume is expected to happen
    with interrupts disabled. The semantics are obvious, the deviation
    trivial, and this thread a dead horse.

    Please present a case in which that will not work and I will change the

    > > So? A keyboard controller is not classified as a system device.
    > Its not on pci, I guess it would end up as a system device...

    Huh? Since when is everything that's not PCI a system device? Please read
    the documentation, esp. WRT system and platform devices.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.017 / U:13.400 seconds]