    SubjectRe: cachefs on linux

    Dear Sirs,

    I'm using linux and solaris for a while and, after seaching all
    the web, newsgroups, and mailing lists I could not find the answer for a
    very simple question. Before emailing Alan Cox or any other guru (that
    might not answer me) I will try to ask you. Here is my simple question:

    Why has Solaris a CacheFS file system, while linux doesn't? Is it
    because cachefs is VERY difficult to implement (It should be no barrier
    for our gurus), or because there's no such a big demand for this marvelous
    FS, or else, because no one thought of it?

    There are certanly some cacheFS implementations around the web,
    like CODA, but they are not free and not even so good as Solaris CacheFS.

    Would you please help me with this question or at least tell me
    where are the answers?

    Thank you very much.

    //leoh
    main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n"
    ,*i = "iqgbgxmlvivuc\n:wwnfwsdoi"; char *strchr(char *,int);
    while(*i){j+=strchr(t,*i++)-t;j%=sizeof t-1;putchar(t[j]);}}

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.017 / U:0.708 seconds]