    SubjectRe: Linksys WRT54G and the GPL
    On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 02:52:12PM +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
    > In the case of busybox I guess they are just using a standard unmodified
    > one; so in principal all they really missing is an acknowledgment
    > pointing to its home page.

    This is wrong.

    Setion 3 of the GPL clearly states they have to accompany their
    product either with the complete source code or with a written offer,
    valid for at least three years, to give any third party the complete
    source code.

    > In the case of the kernel do we know they've actually made any
    > modifications at all? Or is it just a standard distribution from
    > someone else? Perhaps they've contributed changes back?

    See above, they must offer the complete source code (except for the
    source for non-GPL'd drivers) with their products.

    > Dave

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.