SubjectRe: Linksys WRT54G and the GPL
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 02:52:12PM +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> In the case of busybox I guess they are just using a standard unmodified
> one; so in principal all they really missing is an acknowledgment
> pointing to its home page.

This is wrong.

Setion 3 of the GPL clearly states they have to accompany their
product either with the complete source code or with a written offer,
valid for at least three years, to give any third party the complete
source code.

> In the case of the kernel do we know they've actually made any
> modifications at all? Or is it just a standard distribution from
> someone else? Perhaps they've contributed changes back?

See above, they must offer the complete source code (except for the
source for non-GPL'd drivers) with their products.

> Dave

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.