SubjectRe: PROBLEM: 2.4.21-rcX hangs when accessing HW clock on Toshiba laptop
On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 04:01, Michael Frank wrote:
> Problem is related to a number of toshiba and Intel implementations
> running ACPI since rel 20030424.
>
> Temporary solution:
>
> 1) Boot with single or ACPI=off
>
> 2) Add --directisa to lines containing hwclock in rc.sysinit and halt
>
> 3) Reboot normally
>
> Regards
> Michael

Thanks a lot. Already fixed it.

>From what you tell me, do I have to deduce that the solution depends on
the ACPI developers? I have been looking the latest unstable kernel,
2.5.70, and I've seen there is something like 'Emulate /dev/rtc', so
maybe it's going to be left like it is now? It would be a problem,
though, because of how the default scripts (at least in Debian) are
written, but I guess that the Debian people are more than aware of the
problem.

Best regards...

--
Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes <etinarcadiaego@terra.es>