    SubjectRE: /proc/bus/pci
    Date
    My Humble Opinion:

    "hose0" -> bad, I know I didn't have a clue where it came from

    "domain0" -> obscure but mathematical 8-), probably hard to teach what with
    the name used all over heck

    "phb0" -> "eh what is phb?" "primary host bridge"...

    "bridge0" -> not bad, is it platform agnostic? (e.g. is the connection
    called a bridge on non- Intel/AMD/PS platforms?) don't know... but if it
    is... good

    Note: There are no "good" synonyms for "Domain" (from M-W.com:)

    "field, bailiwick, champaign, demesne, dominion, province, sphere, terrain,
    territory, walk"

    So, my heard groans for another "domain" in the computer, and I like the way
    bridge reads

    "devices/bridge0/bus2/dev11/fn0/whatever"

    but regardless (going back to pc-isms) that puts things like the pci-agp
    "bridge" and such into the namespace if one were to be especially
    conformant, which may or may not be a good thing.

    Rob.