    SubjectRe: [RFT/C 2.5.70] Input class hook up to driver model/sysfs
    Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > > > Okay, that means that another patch is needed to create hierarchy for
    > > > power managment... This sysfs stuff is getting hairy.
    > >
    > > No it's not. The hierarchy is the device tree, which is the original
    > > purpose of it, remember?
    >
    > device tree is okay with me, but... it took quite a long patch to add
    > it to classes. I thought that classes are only going to be symlinks
    > into device tree, but this patch added classes without adding to the
    > device tree...

    Al Viro has asked that sysfs conversions such as this be placed on hold
    until we sort through the newly-added bugs arising from the sysfsification
    of netdevs and request queues.

    So yeah, do the work, but please make sure that you understand what went
    wrong with netdevs and queues, and make sure that the input sysfsification
    addresses those problems. Preferably in the same way...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.024 / U:60.520 seconds]