    SubjectRE: sleep forever in ACPI mode S3
    On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Grover, Andrew wrote:

    > > echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
    > > appears to work correctly on my IBM Thinkpad X20 -- except that it's
    > > impossible to wake the machine back up.
    > Does it start to come back but then not make it, or is it just
    > unrevivifiable?

    hard to tell, since the screen is off. nothing i do has any *visible*
    effect on the machine.

    > In any case, sleep/resume is a work in progress that won't work reliably
    > in the near-term.

    hence my question. is there anything i can do to help track down what's
    happening? cf:

    > > Is this a known problem? What keypresses are *supposed* to wake the
    > > machine? I looked through the code, but it looks like we
    > > punt off to the
    > > ACPI firmware to do the actual sleep -- can anyone enlighten me on the
    > > intended mechanism behind 'wake-from-sleep'?

    direct action LA DES Flintlock Soviet Albanian colonel milita insurgent
    Ft. Meade RNC anthrax Rule Psix Saddam Hussein Uzi Minister Diplomat
    ( )

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.031 / U:7.552 seconds]