    SubjectRe: delegating to a cpu

    Driver is in development stage, so I have given u an
    overview of how my interrupt handler looks like.
    As u can see below, I am doing some minimal processing
    in ISR and scheduling a tasklet for reamining
    work(like allocating buffers and cleanup).
    But problem with this is that tasklet ends up on same
    cpu. I want some method where by I can make use of
    second cpu, so that second cpu does the work what
    tasklet is doing(i.e allocating buffers and clean up).

    Please don't give a solution based on irq affinity to
    second cpu, as we have only one interrupt.

    void my_isr(int irq, void *dev_id, struct pt_regs

    /*Mask interrupts on the device */
    write(register, nomore interrupts);

    /*do some minimal amount of processing to
    read data provided by the device*/

    /*schedule tasklet and give it remaining work.*/

    /*Unmask interrupts on device*/
    write(register, start generating interrupts);

    --- Arjan van de Ven <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 17:34, Raghava Raju wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Currently interrupt handler in our driver uses
    > > tasklet to process some of less important info
    > > to save some interrupt time. But problem is that
    > > tasklet ends up in the same cpu, and second cpu
    > > is not taking much of the work.
    > > 1) Is there any mechanism to delegate the less
    > > important work to other cpu an example would
    > really
    > > help.
    > you don't give a lot of information about what you
    > are trying to do...
    > could you post an URL to your driver source, that's
    > the easiest way to
    > give this information...

    Do you Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.025 / U:3.292 seconds]