SubjectRe: 2.5.70 and 2.5.70-mm3 hang on bootup

Just a followup on my problems getting 2.5.70-mm3 up and running on my
box. Once I turned off ACPI in my config, I can now boot and run both
UP and SMP with APIC and IO-APIC running (my system actually needs
this) and I'm now running with the following:

2.5.70-mm3, SMP, PREEMPT, RAID1

All seems ok so far, no major problems except getting ALSA to work
with my sound card again, but I haven't spent much time on it yet.
I've also gotten my Cyclom-Y/ISA multiport serial board working (see
the patch I sent out seperately) properly too.

Thanks for all the help, my initial thoughts that APIC was the root of
my problem was wrong, it was all ACPI issues. Maybe we should put in
a note in the Kconfig help entries for people to disable ACPI if they
enable SMP and/or UP APIC options?

John

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.087 / U:0.368 seconds]