SubjectRe: Question about style when converting from K&R to ANSI C.
hi :)

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 02:09:17AM +0000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> And I personally don't normally do "grep for random function
> declarations", that just sounds like a contrieved example. I grep for
> specific function names to find usage, and then it's _doubly_ important
> to see that the return (and argument) types match and make sense.
well, but it is nice to be able to grep for the declaration of a
function like

grep "^where_is_it" *.c

without showing all the uses of that function.

also, putting the return type on its own line makes sure that
the function name is always at the same position.
this greatly enhances readability (at least for me ;)

--
CU, / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz // Department of Computer Science 3 _________

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.214 / U:0.788 seconds]