    SubjectRe: networking bugs and bugme.osdl.org
    From
       From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
    Date: 29 Jun 2003 23:07:07 +0100

    What you don't get is that like you I'm distributing work. I'm
    getting end users to spot bug correlations - and thats why I want
    better tools

    I understand this part, it's great sounding in theory.

    But all the examples I've seen are you sifting through bugzilla making
    these correlations. I've seen no evidence of community participation
    in this activity.

    The greatest tools in the world aren't useful if people don't want
    to use them.

    Nobody wants to use tools unless it melds easily into their existing
    daily routine. This means it must be email based and it must somehow
    work via the existing mailing lists. It sounds a lot like what I'm
    advocating except that there's some robot monitoring the list
    postings.

    But then who monitors and maintains the entries? That's the big
    problem and I haven't heard a good solution yet. Going to a web site
    and clicking buttons is not a solution. That's a waste of time.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.027 / U:29.596 seconds]