    SubjectRE: [OT] Re: Troll Tech [was Re: Sco vs. IBM]
    If Larry's implicit point, that there is no point and nothing to be learned
    in listening to non-business-owners, is valid; should he not then have
    taken his voice elsewhere, to a forum where the feedback would have come
    from his chosen pool?

    That is, shouldn't he have discussed his views on some business operators
    mailing list instead of the kernel mailing list?

    If it simply *had* to be presented here (possibly because his "original
    point" seems to be that we open source losers are all a bunch of
    un-innovative thieving scum set out to undermine his vision of free
    enterprise) could he not, at a minimum, have prefaced his message with the
    declarative disclaimer: I am saying my peace, and will not be interested in
    the responses of people who don't run businesses.

    That, at least, would have been an honest approach to the community he was

    Otherwise it is just an example of Jerry Falwell (sp?) inviting himself to
    the symposium on "AIDS in Africa" in the name of offering "a balanced
    perspective on the heathen misdeeds of the sinful."

    (ah... burr... was that _too_ cold? 8-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.019 / U:7.152 seconds]