    SubjectRe: [Must-fix] Keyboard occasionally endlessly repeating keys
    On Tue, 24 June 2003 15:58:04 -0700, john stultz wrote:
    > On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 13:24, Jörn Engel wrote:
    > > After having upgraded my notebook to 2.5.72, I noticed a rare problem,
    > > that occurs about twice a day, maybe more. After pressing a key, it
    > > gets repeated endlessly until the next key is pressed. When typing
    > > fast, it is quite possible to cover up a couple of these, as the
    > > repeats appear to happen at the set keyboard rates. Problem never
    > > occured with any 2.4 kernel.
    >
    > Assuming you're still seeing this, does booting w/ "clock=pit" resolve
    > the problem? If so could you send me more info about the system? (is
    > speed step enabled, etc?)

    Problem appears to be from hardware, Vojtech Pavlik helped me a bit to
    track it down. Hardware occasionally doesn't send the key release
    signal after a key pressed signel.

    System is IBM Thinkpad R30, CPU permanently running on low speed
    (700MHz), no speed step (unsupported chipset).

    Should I still test w/ clock=pit?

    Jörn

    --
    To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
    are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic