SubjectRe: ide-scsi on 2.4.21 (on IBM Thinkpad T30)
Do you have ide-scsi built as a module though?

I use hdc=ide-scsi (or hdc=scsi) as a boot parameter too. But the
difference seems to be whether you have ide-scsi built as a module or
into the kernel. The reason I think I chose to have it as a module all
these years (on previous thinkpads as well) was so I could remove the
module and swap the dvd/cd-rw for another device.

I haven't had a problem with this configuration(hdc=ide-scsi and loading
the module through modules.conf) with any of the previous stable
releases of the kernel (pre 2.4.21.)

--
D. Sen,

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.068 / U:0.364 seconds]