    Variable HZ
    Scheduler tunables
    Supermount-NG v1.2.7
    XFS file system 1.3.0pre2
    ACPI 20030522
    Nvidia Nforce2
    Bootsplash
    Grsec 1.9.9h

    available, less tested, incomplete, or b0rken:
    Packet writing for cdrw/dvd-r
    CPU Frequency scaling
    Software Suspend

    Other VMs (yet to be resynced to ck3, but will be soon):
    AA VM
    Rmap15j

    Changes:
    I've added my interactivity changes to this one to improve system
    responsiveness, and virtually eliminate audio/video skipping, and to retain X
    interactivity under load (see threads in lkml for full discussion of
    sleep_decay patch).
    Timeslices have been restored to their larger values and the interactive feel
    helped by granularity at 10ms.
    The scheduler code has been tidied up now that I had been looking at it for so
    long working on my additions I couldn't stand it being untidy.
    HZ has been tuned now to 1000 as the above changes make this value not cause
    the jerkiness evident in most 1000Hz kernels. The advantage is much lower
    absolute latencies (see website for benchmarks.)
    The extra patches have been incorporated into the full patch now that I've had
    people testing them and bugfixes have been included.
    Packet writing is available again separately.

    What happened to ck2? Long story involving not enough sleep and posting a dud
    patch. This is what ck2 was supposed to be...

    Thanks to all those people who have been aggressively testing the ck2 pre
    patches, and those sending me patch cleanups.

    Con

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.025 / U:59.588 seconds]