    Subject2.4.21 packet writing?

    I've been using the packet writing patches floating around for some
    time, and find them very useful. I have modified slightly a recent
    one to work with 2.4.21-rc8. It worked with the IDE CD-ROM driver
    (that is, /dev/hdc), but with the ide-scsi driver at /dev/scd0, it
    would read but threw up a write error every time a modification was

    Has anyone made a packet writing patch compatible with 2.4.21 that
    works with ide-scsi?

    My workaround to date has been to unload the ide-scsi module and
    insert the IDE cdrom module when I want to use packet writing, and do
    the reverse when I want to use cdrecord. It's quite annoying and I'd
    rather just use one device the whole time.

    John Goerzen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.030 / U:69.500 seconds]