    SubjectRe: 2.5.70-mm9
    Mingming Cao <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 01:01, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > Was elevator=deadline observed to fail in earlier kernels? If not then it
    > > may be an anticipatory scheduler bug. It certainly had all the appearances
    > > of that.
    > Yes, with elevator=deadline the many fsx tests failed on 2.5.70-mm5.
    > > So once you're really sure that elevator=deadline isn't going to fail,
    > > could you please test elevator=as?
    > >
    > Ok, the deadline test was run for 10 hours then I stopped it (for the
    > elevator=as test).
    > But the test on elevator=as (2.5.70-mm9 kernel) still failed, same
    > problem. Some fsx tests are sleeping on io_schedule().
    > Next I think I will re-run test on elevator=deadline for 24 hours, to
    > make sure the problem is really gone there. After that maybe try a
    > different Qlogic Driver, currently I am using the driver from Qlogic
    > company(QLA2XXX V8).

    Martin has just observed what appears to be the same failure on
    2.5.71-mjb1, which is the deadline scheduler, using qlogicisp.

    Again, some IO appears to have been submitted but it never came back.

    It could be a bug in the requests queueing code somewhere, or in the device

    So a good thing to do now would be to find the workload+IO
    scheduler+filesystem which triggers it most easily, and run that with a
    different device driver. The feral driver (drivers/scsi/isp/ in -mm)
    should be suitable for that test.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.020 / U:319.832 seconds]