SubjectRe: Q: how to run linux in a diskimage on NTFS
Have a look at http://www.phatlinux.com/ as they install Linux in a file
on windows (I don't know how they sort out the boot but you can find out
yourself).

Hope this helps,

Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ & http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/