SubjectRE: limit resident memory size
well, the goal is to enforce strict upper bounds on
how much resources a process can consume, including
memory, disk bandwidth etc. I understand that this
may not give the best aggregate system performance,
but so is any proportional sharing scheme. The impact
of swapping/paging on the other processes can be
minimized by rate-limiting the disk I/O that the
process does, for swapping or anything else.

Muthian.