    SubjectRe: ext3 / reiserfs data corruption, 2.5-bk
    Oh, ok. I am using DMA on my drives. The problem with this bug is that
    it is fairly hard to observe, I've only seen it about once every other
    day. I should have also pointed out that I am using ext3.

    I thought that it might be taskfile stuff because that was the major
    change in the kernel the time right before I started to notice these
    problems. There likely is some other source of problems because you
    say that there should be no change in behaviour.

    -Nathan

    On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 08:11:22PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Nathan Conrad wrote:
    >
    > > I've been noticing a similar problem on my laptop. This may, or may
    > > not be related, but it did start somewhere within the past week (maybe
    > > the IDE taskfile conversion???, to throw out a guess). I wonder if
    >
    > wrt taskfile conversion, if you are using DMA on your IDE disks,
    > there shouldn't be any change in behaviour.
    >
    > I will prepare a patch adding old crap and making it selectable
    > (default will be taskfile, if you go into problems you can check
    > with old code) to easy spotting possible taskfile problems
    > and allowing quick judging - taskfile guilty/not guilty.
    >
    > --
    > Bartlomiej
    >
    > > Dave Jones is using IDE or SCSI. CONFIG_SMP and CONFIG_PREEMPT are
    > > disabled on my machine (Sony Vaio PCG-FXA49 laptop, Athlon4). I'm
    > > compiling the kernel with gcc 3.3 (Debian version).
    > >
    > > Anyway, certain directories get locked up on occasion and when I try
    > > to execute 'ls' or read from the directory, the process gets into a
    > > locked up state; ^C does not work to kill the process. The only way to
    > > make a directory "readable" is to restart the machine. I have not
    > > noticed any FS corruption, just the lack of being able to enter the
    > > directory.
    > >
    > > At the same time, a kernel bug will be displayed:
    >
    > <...>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.021 / U:32.708 seconds]