    SubjectRe: Why DRM exists [was Re: Flame Linus to a crisp!]
    On Mer, 2003-05-07 at 15:44, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
    > This is not completely true. You can be imprisoned (and "handed over") even as
    > E.U. citizen to US for violation of US laws. E.U. signed a respective
    > agreement. As far as I know no case was filed up to now, but that does not mean
    > it weren't possible.

    Only if the crime in question is also a crime in the EU, and a whole
    list of other conditions about who/where the crime was committed against
    (and that it doesnt cover crimes with a death sentence). Also even
    within the EU certain kinds of financial crimes are exempted so that
    the italians would sign it

    > > Copying a CD for private use is perfectly legal here in Germany.
    >
    > Just wait 6 month and see...

    Indeed

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.024 / U:29.688 seconds]