SubjectRe: Why DRM exists [was Re: Flame Linus to a crisp!]
On Mer, 2003-05-07 at 15:44, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> This is not completely true. You can be imprisoned (and "handed over") even as
> E.U. citizen to US for violation of US laws. E.U. signed a respective
> agreement. As far as I know no case was filed up to now, but that does not mean
> it weren't possible.

Only if the crime in question is also a crime in the EU, and a whole
list of other conditions about who/where the crime was committed against
(and that it doesnt cover crimes with a death sentence). Also even
within the EU certain kinds of financial crimes are exempted so that
the italians would sign it

> > Copying a CD for private use is perfectly legal here in Germany.
>
> Just wait 6 month and see...

Indeed