    Subject[ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver

    I'm proud to announce a complete new version of the HFS+ fs driver. This
    work was made possible by Ardis Technologies ( It's
    based on the driver by Brad Boyer (

    The new driver now supports full read and write access. Perfomance has
    improved a lot, the btrees are kept in the page cache with a hash on top
    of this to speed up the access to the btree nodes.
    I also added support for hard links and the resource fork is accessible
    via <file>/rsrc.

    This is a beta release. I tested this a lot, so I consider it quite safe
    to use, but I can't give any guarantees at this time of course. There is
    also still a bit to do (e.g. the block allocator needs a bit more work).

    The driver can be downloaded from .
    The README describes how to build the driver.

    If something should go wrong, I also have patch for Apple's diskdev_cmds
    (available from,
    which ports newfs_hfs and fsck_hfs to Linux and fixes the endian problems.
    The patch is at .
    After applying the patch the tools can be built with 'make -f

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:41.528 seconds]