    Subject[ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver
    Hi,

    I'm proud to announce a complete new version of the HFS+ fs driver. This
    work was made possible by Ardis Technologies (www.ardistech.com). It's
    based on the driver by Brad Boyer (http://sf.net/projects/linux-hfsplus).

    The new driver now supports full read and write access. Perfomance has
    improved a lot, the btrees are kept in the page cache with a hash on top
    of this to speed up the access to the btree nodes.
    I also added support for hard links and the resource fork is accessible
    via <file>/rsrc.

    This is a beta release. I tested this a lot, so I consider it quite safe
    to use, but I can't give any guarantees at this time of course. There is
    also still a bit to do (e.g. the block allocator needs a bit more work).

    The driver can be downloaded from http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/ .
    The README describes how to build the driver.

    If something should go wrong, I also have patch for Apple's diskdev_cmds
    (available from http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.2.5/),
    which ports newfs_hfs and fsck_hfs to Linux and fixes the endian problems.
    The patch is at http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/diskdev_cmds.diff.gz .
    After applying the patch the tools can be built with 'make -f
    Makefile.lnx'.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.022 / U:120.628 seconds]