    SubjectRe: fcntl file locking and pthreads
    > Mikhail Kruk wrote:
    > > on 2.4 kernels fcntl-based file locking does not work with
    > > clone-based threads as expected (by me): two threads of the same process
    > > can acquire exclusive lock on a file at the same time.
    > > flock()-based locks work as expected, i.e. only one thread can have an
    > > exclusive lock at a time.
    >
    > Is this true even when _not_ setting CLONE_FILES?

    CLONE_FILES is an argument to clone(), I'm using pthreads and I don't
    know if LinuxThreads implementation of pthreads gives me control of
    how clone is called. Anyway, if I understand what CLONE_FILES does,
    it should be given to clone, because threads do have to be able to share file
    descriptors, probably. But not the locks!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.024 / U:29.332 seconds]