    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.21-rc6
    Hi !

    On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 10:57:35PM -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
    > No, the basic problem there is that the kernel is deadlocking. Read the
    > VERY long thread for the details.

    I didn't follow this thread, what's its subject, please ?

    > I think I have enough on the ball to be able to tell the difference between
    > mutt opening a folder and counting messages, with a counter and percentage
    > indicator advancing, and mutt sitting there deadlocked with the HD activity
    > light stuck on and all the rest of X stuck tight.

    even on -rc3, I don't observe this behaviour. I tried from a cold cache, and
    mutt took a little less than 3 seconds to open LKML's May folder (35 MB), and
    progressed very smoothly. Since it's on my Alpha file server, I can't test
    with X. But the I/O bandwidth and scheduler frequency (1024 HZ) may have an

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.030 / U:2.820 seconds]