SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.21-rc6
Hi !

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 10:57:35PM -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> No, the basic problem there is that the kernel is deadlocking. Read the
> VERY long thread for the details.

I didn't follow this thread, what's its subject, please ?

> I think I have enough on the ball to be able to tell the difference between
> mutt opening a folder and counting messages, with a counter and percentage
> indicator advancing, and mutt sitting there deadlocked with the HD activity
> light stuck on and all the rest of X stuck tight.

even on -rc3, I don't observe this behaviour. I tried from a cold cache, and
mutt took a little less than 3 seconds to open LKML's May folder (35 MB), and
progressed very smoothly. Since it's on my Alpha file server, I can't test
with X. But the I/O bandwidth and scheduler frequency (1024 HZ) may have an
impact.

Cheers,
Willy

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans