Subjectfork() crashes on child but returns success on parent
Now I know for sure that the child crashes (SIGSEGV) before fork() returns.
I could see it in the UML debugger.
It does not use the signal handler I have set up of the SIGSEGV. It simply
crashes and exits.

Could this be any kernel problem ?
Any ideas what should I do next to track this problem ?

> Subject: fork() returns on parent but not returns on child
>

> Hi all,
> I am experiencing a problem, where fork() returns succesfully
> on parent, but does not return on child. The child process
> simply "disappears". I believe it might have got a SIGSEGV
> (if it makes any sence) before fork() has returned.
>
> I would like to track down this problem.
> What I did so far is:
> 1. I tried first to make sure there are no memory overruns
> using few tools. 2. I tried to look at strace output, but the
> problem does not occur if I use strace 3. I make a
> UserModeLinux machine and now I would like to breakpoint the
> created child before it crashes (assuming it really crashes)
>
> How do I do that ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nir

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.066 / U:0.080 seconds]