    Subject[BUG] 2.5.70 tty_register_driver

    There was a large patch applied in 2.5.70 to
    the tty layer that has broken registration of tty

    The tty drivers I maintain get a success return
    value from tty_register_driver() and dynamic
    major/minor device numbers are assigned, but
    it does not appear to actually create the
    char devices. (They do not show up in proc/devices).

    I'm trying to dig through this and understand the
    purpose of the changes, but it might be
    more informative if the person responsible for the
    patch would explain the purpose and what modification
    of tty drivers are necessary to work with the changes.

    Paul Fulghum,
    Microgate Corporation,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:4.780 seconds]