SubjectRe: [patch] sis650 irq router fix for 2.4.x
Alan Cox wrote:
> I'm keeping an eye on it. The correct answer appears to be
> "use ACPI" once it works on SiS

It already does. No problem, except for idiotic OS string checks which
require using a custom DSDT.

> I'll probably try some of those changes in a later -ac and see what
> happens

I patched the kernels of my 3 650 variants today (using a simpler
variant than submitted by Davide), and it works well. They are running a
webcam permanently, one is copying from and to a USB floppy in a loop,
and I am using a USB mouse on all of them.

The issue is that the 0x6x register hack seems to be required for _all_
96x variants. These come with the 740 as well as all 650 versions, and
probably many of the older chips (645, etc), too.

Unfortunately, I know of no way how to find out about these south
bridges. They have the same PCI ID like the IRQ controller and ISA
bridge of the 620, 530, 630 and the old 5595... and partly even the same
revision number. Typical SiS stuff, lines up exactly with their graphics
hardware...

Vojtech recommended doing it like the IDE drivers, but - as I said to
him - it feels a bit inappropriate to poke around in the IDE config
space for IRQ reasons... But anyone interested should take a look into
the newest 5513 ide driver (in the bk tree).

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria