    SubjectRe: Digital Rights Management - An idea (okay a crap idea, ok?)

    > Your idea is fundamentally flawed. You can always add more layers of
    > self-checking-self-checkers, but this does not change the fact that the
    > idea is fundamentally flawed.
    >
    > I'm sorry - it's not that I don't like you or anything like that - but
    > the idea is stupid, just give it up :)

    It is isn't it? :-) I'll think of something else to protect my code :-)
    I'd say fundamentally fucked.

    I only thought of it as a way to protect my code from being
    misused by companys protecting thier hardware registers and specs.

    Hmmm... Im going to have another chat with my solicitors :-)

    I won't however put £67,000 in rn'd down the pan by people
    exploiting me :-)

    Perhaps i'll do a direct X type thing and make the v.92
    library/codec/stack proprietary with LGPL -> GPL --> kernel
    linking, free of course :)

    My solicitors say at least three companies would abuse
    the GPL code ive done.

    I have to get the code ready for a site, possibly SF but
    probably not.