SubjectRe: userspace irq balancer
Date
Yeah, I suppose this userland policy change means we should pull
the scheduler policy decisions out of the kernel and write user level
HT, NUMA, SMP and UP schedulers. Also, the IO schedulers should
probably be pulled out - I'm sure AS and CFQ and linus_scheduler
could be user land policies, as well as the elevator. Memory
placement and swapping policies, too.

Oh, wait, some people actually do this - they call it, what,
Workload Management or some such thing. But I don't know any
style of workload management that leaves *no* default, semi-sane
policy in the kernel.

gerrit