    SubjectRe: time interpolation hooks
    From
       From: David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com>
    Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:34:43 -0700

    >>>>> On 16 May 2003 19:38:01 -0700, "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> said:

    DaveM> I think Andrew is really suggesting to declare these two
    DaveM> things in an arch header, so if one needs it to be a function
    DaveM> pointer one can make it so.

    I don't think this should be (purely) an arch thing. It's just as
    much a driver issue. For example, HPET will pretty much work the same
    on x86 and ia64, so being able to have a shared "driver" would be
    useful. I agree though that it would be nice if arches that don't
    care for time-interpolation at all could turn it off completely.
    In the proposal below, an architecture could achieve that by turning
    off CONFIG_TIME_INTERPOLATION.

    That's not the issue, if I have only ONE way to do this on my
    platform, I can INLINE this thing and I DO NOT need function
    pointers.

    I should have that option.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.032 / U:181.524 seconds]