SubjectRe: Sorry if this question is the beaten dead horse
FYI,

Since Slackware went to gcc-3.2.2 with the release of 9.0, I have been
successfully building recent 2.4 kernels without any problems.

You guys probably already know this, but coming from another user.. It
works for me.

Just did not occur to me that this may be my problem when compiling a
2.5 kernel until I read what I wrote you ;)

Arch: i686, Pentium III Coppermine

Arthur Perry wrote:
> Aww geesh.
>
> I am such a fool.
> All I have to say is 'less ./Documentation/Changes'.
> I will give this a go first before I send another silly email.
> remember to RTFM. ;)
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> Been a while since I had to read the kernel user's readmes.
>

> Arthur Perry wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have a question, sorry if it is totally out of this league.
>> I have been trying to compile a 2.5 kernel with modules support for a
>> while, and have always been unsuccessful.
>> There are always unresolved symbols.
>> Always. Tons of em. If I didn't know any better, I'd say all of them
>> of which I tried to compile as modules.
>> I am not a newbie to Linux, I have been putting together distros for
>> over 6 years, but the past year or two I have been maintaining stable
>> releases in production environments.
>> Just recently, I have tried to build the 2.5 tree, adn I know I am
>> missing something.
>>
>> I am using Slackware 9.0, which is glibc 2.3.1 and gcc 3.2.2.
>> Modutils 2.4.25 with Rusty's module-init-tools-0.9.12.
>> It is mostly Vanilla otherwise.
>>
>> I know I must be missing a lot of tools and system-side changes to
>> accomodate a 2.5 kernel, and I have been trying to identify what they
>> are.
>>
>> No need to get too specific, I have been categorically a kernel "user"
>> for quite some time (just not a 2.5 one), so I just need quick info
>> and links.
>>

>> Thanks in advance!!
>>

>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
>> linux-kernel" in
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.053 / U:0.040 seconds]