    SubjectRe: CryptoAPI and WEP/stream ciphers (was: airo and firmware upload)
    On Wed, 14 May 2003, Jouni Malinen wrote:

    > I tried to change my WEP implementation to use CryptoAPI, but that ended
    > up in problems.. If I understood correctly, current CryptoAPI supports
    > only block ciphers(?).

    Block ciphers and digests.

    > certainly does not sound very reasonable.. Another alternative would be
    > to add support for stream ciphers into CryptoAPI.

    Yes, it would be good to have API support for stream encryption in
    general, e.g. also for OFB and Counter Mode.

    > Do you think that it would still be required to get rid of the own WEP
    > implementation in the Host AP driver before including it into the kernel
    > tree? Would this mean that someone would first need to add support for
    > stream ciphers into CryptoAPI? Any change of that happening for Linux
    > 2.6.x?

    I'd like to see it go in if the code is available.

    > And one more question before using more time with WEP implementation..
    > Is someone already working with stream cipher support for CryptoAPI?

    Not that I know of.

    - James
    --
    James Morris